I’m the first person to admit that I don’t always eat as healthy as I should. That’s mostly because, as it turns out, most food that I think tastes great is probably not that good for me. I like sweet things and salty things and everything in between.
Even though I like to eat delicious, unhealthy food, I’m not actually much of a cook. I’m pretty useless in the kitchen and usually end up making an enormous mess and burning whatever food I’m attempting to make. For that reason, when I discover a recipe that is both tasty AND easy to make, I’m very excited to give it a try.
This recipe isn’t my own Grandma’s, but it could belong to someone’s mother or grandmother. It doesn’t even really matter where it comes from, because it’s so yummy that the moment you take that first bite, you’re not going to care about who wrote the recipe or who baked these brownies.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it uses very few ingredients, but it tastes like it was made by a professional. Here’s what you need:
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 box of fudge brownie mix
1 1/4 cups of water
1 cup of oil
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 12-ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
And here’s what you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray (or use butter and flour).
2. Mix the chocolate cake mix, brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Whisk for about two minutes until the batter is smooth.
3. Pour it into the bundt pan and put it in the oven to bake for about 50 to 55 minutes. When the time is up, do the toothpick test to be sure the cake is done. Let it sit in the pan for about five minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Leave it there for about 30 minutes.
4. Next, make your ganache. First, get a microwave safe bowl and pour the heavy whipping cream into it. Microwave it for about 2 minutes so that the cream is just boiling.
5. Pour the chocolate chips into the same bowl. Let it sit for about five minutes, then whisk the chocolate and the cream together until it’s completely mixed, shiny, and smooth throughout.
6. Pour your ganache over the cake when it’s cooled and you’re ready to serve!
7. Eat and enjoy!
Watch the video below and see how this simple recipe is made to perfection!