I have some friends who look at me sideways when I tell them that I’m craving a sandwich. It’s not that they hate sandwiches, it’s just that they don’t know any better. These poor souls have no idea what kind of culinary glory can be achieved. So today, I present to you such glory… a bacon guacamole grilled cheese sandwich. How can so much crispy, creamy, and melty cheesy greatness happen all in one sandwich? [googlead]Well, you’re about to find out thanks to Kevin Lynch of Closet Cooking. Indeed, there’s a method to this madness that will ensure that your sandwich will cause uncontrollable drooling…
When you’re done wiping the drool off of your face, here’s what you’ll need…
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 2 tablespoons of guacamole, room temperature
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 cup of cheddar and jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon of crumpled tortilla chips
- Cook the bacon to your liking (i.e. crispy, unless you’re a monster). Pat the bacon down with paper towels to get rid of the excess oil.
- Butter the slices of bread on one side. Sprinkle the cheese on the unbuttered side and top it with guacamole, bacon, and tortilla chips. Sprinkle some more cheese on it. Why? Because you can. Now top it off with the other slice of bread (butter side away).
- Grill the sandwich over medium heat until the bread is crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Show me someone who doesn’t think this is insanely delicious and I’ll show you a liar.
Source: Closet Cooking