There’s nothing quite like coming home to a warm, home-cooked meal. So when you have a hectic work schedule, it’s the slow cooker to the rescue! Slow cookers are the ultimate in “set it and forget it” cooking. You dump your ingredients in, set the heat level and timer, and come back hours later to a delicious meal. It sounds too good to be true but if you follow the right recipe, you will most definitely be a believer. And that’s what we have for you today… a slow cooker pot roast recipe that easily rivals anything that comes out of an oven.
This particular recipe was designed for pure convenience, using seasoning packets and gravy mix. But feel free to take things up a notch if you have some extra time! Either way, you’ll end up with flavourful and succulent pot roast that your family will love. Make some mashed potatoes on the side and you have yourself one heck of a meal!
- 2.5 lb Boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 Sliced yellow onion
- 5 Whole, peeled carrots
- 1 Packet of gravy mix
- 1 Packet of ranch dressing
- 1 Packet of Italian dressing mix
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Coat the bottom of your slow cooker with cooking spray
- Spread the onion slices on the bottom of your slow cooker
- Pat the beef chuck roast dry with some paper towels and then coat it with salt and pepper
- Coat the roast in the flour and then pound the flour into the roast using a plate
- Place the coated roast in the slow cooker
- In a bowl, mix together the gravy, ranch and Italian dressing with half a cup of water (you can substitute this with wine, beer or broth)
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker
- Add the carrots to the slow cooker
- Set your slow cooker to the Low setting and cook it for 8 hours or until the meat is tender and the gravy thickens
Check out the video below for the full step-by-step instructions and don’t forget to share this amazing recipe with your friends and family!