French fries, chips, mashed, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, potato hash… potatoes are awesome. There. Somebody had to say it.
I love potatoes and I can’t have enough of them in my life. And thanks to this video, I’ll be experiencing them in a whole new way. You see, I used to bake potatoes by slicing it lengthwise down the middle and stuffing it with butter and other delicious toppings. But it looks like there’s a better way. This, my friends, is a game changer.
The video is below but here’s the recipe…
- 4 medium Yukon gold or russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 475° F (250° C)
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom each potato so they don’t roll around
- Make about 20 slices across each potato, making sure not to cut all the way through (leave about half an inch uncut)
- Mix the melted butter and oil in a bowl
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and brush with half of the butter and oil mixture and sprinkle with salt
- Bake potatoes for about 30 minutes
- Brush the potatoes with the remaining butter and oil mixture and bake for an additional 45 minutes
- Stop drooling and enjoy!
Want to take it up another notch? Add some chopped parsley and minced garlic into the butter and oil mixture. And how about some grated cheese!? Okay, I need to stop… I’m getting way too excited. Don’t forget to share this delicious treat with your friends!