Eggs really are incredible… they’re a great source of protein and they seem to be one of the most versatile ingredients available. Just when you think you’ve seen it all with eggs, someone comes up with another creative way of using them. Everyone knows how to make an omelet, but what stops so many of us from making them every morning is the cleanup. But what if would could take most of that pain away? [googlead]Well, thanks to Allrecipes, we have a very clever way of making everyone’s favourite breakfast dish. Instead of breaking out a bowl and a mixing spoon, grab a Ziploc bag or any other high quality resealable freezer bag, and dump all of your ingredients in there! As an added bonus, it’s a great way of keeping track of everyone’s personal portions. PERFECT for camping!
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices ham, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tomato (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chunky salsa (optional)
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Crack the eggs into Ziploc bags (make sure they’re high quality resealable freezer bags). Press out most of the air and seal. Shake or squeeze to beat the eggs. Open the bag, and add the ham, cheese, onion, green pepper, tomato, salsa, and mushrooms. Squeeze out as much of the air as you can, and seal the bag.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place up to 8 bags at a time into the boiling water. Cook for exactly 13 minutes. Open the bag, and let the omelet slide out onto a plate.